Center Manager - Altoona
Department: Head Start
Starting Wage: $22.20 - $26.35
The Western Dairyland E.O.C. Inc. Head Start program is hiring a Center Manager at the Altoona Early Learning Center. Located near the corner of 3rd Street and Highway 12. Altoona Early Learning Center promotes school readiness of children under the age of five to income-eligible families. Using the whole-child approach, Western Dairyland Head Start engages parents as partners with their child’s teacher to support their growth and development from early math and reading skills to confidence and resilience.
The Center Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the center and supervision of staff. The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field with a DPI-issued teacher’s license. The new hire will receive ongoing training and support as part of the onboarding process.
This is a full-time, school-year position. Western Dairyland is committed to employee wellness and work-life balance. We are implementing a four-day 36 hour workweek in March and paying our full-time employees for 40 hours! The starting wage is $22.20 - $26.35 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
We offer a complete benefits package including:
Vacation, personal leave, holidays, sick leave
- Summers off
- 64 hours of vacation during the school year
- 20 hours of personal time off
- 8 paid holidays during the school year
- Sick leave accrued at 0.05709 hours per hour worked
- approximately 8 hours of sick leave per month for full-time employees
- maximum accrued sick leave of 480 hours
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability agency paid
401(k) plan with up to a 6% match
Employees can contribute immediately. After 1 year of employment, the agency will contribute between 3 and 6 percent, dependent on the employee's contribution.
- 90% of premiums covered for individual coverage
- 75% premiums covered for additional coverage needed
- $3,750 deductible reimbursement for individuals and up to $6,500 reimbursed for family deductibles
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both Health and Dependent Care
- Single $34.92 per month
- Family $103.04 per month
- Employee Assistance Program - fully paid
- Basic Life Insurance - fully paid (plus additional group coverage amounts)
- Flexible work schedule with generous accommodations for family, school, and volunteer commitments
- Opportunities for continuing education, conferences, and classes
- Employees have access to our Discount Marketplace
- WDEOC is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Complete an online application at wdHeadStart.org/jobs
Send a cover letter and resume to Jeremiah Segerstrom at Jeremiah.email@example.com or Jennifer Olson at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open until filled.
Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. This agency is an equal-opportunity employer.Apply Now
Other Job Openings
Head Start Home Visitor
Part-time Teacher Assistant - Truax Center