Part-time Teacher Assistant (3 openings) Eau Claire
Department: Head Start
Location: Eau Claire
Status: Part Time
Starting Wage: $14.50 - $16.00
The Western Dairyland E.O.C. Inc. Head Start program is hiring part-time Teacher Assistants at 3103 Oak Knoll Drive, Eau Claire, WI.
Head Start promotes school readiness of children under the age of five from income-eligible families by supporting their growth and development in a positive learning environment through comprehensive services, which include early learning, health, and family well-being. We're a mission-driven organization making a positive impact in our community since 1966.
Candidates should have a minimum of a high school diploma and be willing to obtain a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential within two years of employment. The ideal candidate has demonstrated abilities to work with young children, many of whom are living in poverty.
The starting salary for this position would be $14.50 to $16.00 depending on qualifications. This is a 33 hours per week position working Monday through Friday.
We offer a complete benefits package including:
Vacation, personal leave, holidays, sick leave
- Summers off
- 53 hours of vacation during the school year
- 16 hours of personal time off
- 8 paid holidays during the school year
- Sick leave accrued at 0.04615 hours per hour worked
- approximately 6.6 hours sick leave per month
- maximum accrued sick leave of 396 hours
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability agency paid
401(k) plan with up to a 6% match
Employees can contribute immediately. After 1 year of employment, the agency will contribute between 3 and 6 percent, dependent on the employee's contribution.
- 90% premiums covered for individual coverage
- 75% premiums covered for additional coverage needed
- $3,750 deductible reimbursement for individuals and up to $6,500 reimbursed for family deductibles
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both Health and Dependent Care
- Single $34.92 per month
- Family $103.04 per month
- Employee Assistance Program - fully paid
- Basic Life Insurance - fully paid (plus additional group coverage amounts)
- Flexible work schedule with generous accommodations for family, school, and volunteer commitments
- Opportunities for continuing education, conferences, and classes
- Employees have access to our Discount Marketplace
- WDEOC is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Complete an online application at wdHeadStart.org/jobs
This position is open until filled.
Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. This agency is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now