Teacher Assistant - Altoona
Department: Head Start
Location: Altoona, WI
Status: Full Time
Starting Wage: $14.50 - $16.00
The Western Dairyland E.O.C. Inc. Head Start program is hiring a full-time Teacher Assistant at our Altoona Early Learning Center.
Head Start promotes school readiness of children under the age of five from income-eligible families by supporting their growth and development in a positive learning environment through comprehensive services, which include early learning, health, and family well-being. We're a mission-driven organization making a positive impact in our community since 1966.
Candidates should have an associate's degree in early childhood education or a related field or Registry certification at the Teaching Assistant level. The ideal candidate has demonstrated abilities to work with young children, many of who are living in poverty. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. The starting wage is $14.50 to $16.00 depending on qualifications.
We offer a complete benefits package including:
Vacation, personal leave, holidays, sick leave
- Summers off
- 64 hours of vacation during the school year
- 20 hours of personal time off
- 8 paid holidays during the school year
- Sick leave accrued at 0.04615 hours per hour worked
- approximately 8 hours of sick leave per month for full-time employees
- maximum accrued sick leave of 480 hours
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability agency paid
401(k) plan with up to a 6% match
Employees can contribute immediately. After 1 year of employment, the agency will contribute between 3 and 6 percent, dependent on the employee's contribution.
- 90% premiums covered for individual coverage
- 75% premiums covered for additional coverage needed
- $3,750 deductible reimbursement for individuals and up to $6,500 reimbursed for family deductibles
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both Health and Dependent Care
- Single $34.92 per month
- Family $103.04 per month
- Employee Assistance Program - fully paid
- Basic Life Insurance - fully paid (plus additional group coverage amounts)
- Flexible work schedule with generous accommodations for family, school, and volunteer commitments
- Opportunities for continuing education, conferences, and classes
- Employees have access to our Discount Marketplace
- WDEOC is a qualified employer under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Complete an online application at wdHeadStart.org/jobs
This position is open until filled.
Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. This agency is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
Other Job Openings
Head Start Teacher - Arcadia
Part-time Teacher Assistant (3 openings) Eau Claire
Part-time Teacher Assistant- Independence
Teacher Assistant (2 openings) - Independence
Part-time Teacher Assistant - Truax Center
Teacher Assistant - Blair
Cook - Eau Claire Head Start Center
Teacher - Black River Falls
Bilingual Family Services Specialist